We are finally done with the challenge!! While I didn’t stick to it 100% due to traveling and whatnot, I’d say I stuck to it at least 95% and have learned a few things.
1. After those first few days, my headaches that I had been getting even before the challenge started to go away.
2. Black Coffee isn’t too bad.
3. Our food industry is messed up. Why do you find it necessary to put 3 types of sugar in the seasoning for deli turkey meat?? Makes no sense.
4. I am much more aware of what is going into my body, and even thought I won’t be as strict in what I eat, I will continue to make sure that I am aware of everything and stick to a more natural and whole diet. Forget that processed stuff. It tastes bad anyways. Homemade is the way to go.
And finally the most important learning point…
5. My sleep has improved ten-fold!!! I am sleeping all the way through the night most nights for the first time in YEARS. I typically toss and turn all night long, waking up between 10-20 times, and then waking in the morning feeling untested and groggy. My sleeping pattern has been the best thing this challenge has done for me.
Now if I could only get these allergies under control and get this rain to stop.
Thanks for following along!!! Looking forward to having you follow when I write about other stuff than food!